Vets warn of risk of bee stings after puppy attack

0

Video Above: How To Keep Your Dog Cool In The Summer For humans, bee sting injuries are just plain painful (unless you’re allergic), but for dogs, encountering bugs can be fatal. The warning comes from a vet who had to treat a 7-month-old puppy who suddenly collapsed after being stung by a bee in his yard. Molly, a chocolate Labrador, had to rush to a vet in Gilesgate, England after she was about to die of anaphylactic shock. Chronicle Live reports that she was repeatedly stabbed in the mouth and found a bee in her mouth. Molly had to fill up with oxygen and inject steroids and adrenaline to get him back before suffering generalized hives and an allergic reaction to her ears. Fortunately, the puppy was able to return home the same day and was ill for a few days, but made a full recovery. However, Molly’s experience has led veterinarian Adel Harrison to issue stern warnings to other dog owners. She urges people to see a veterinarian immediately if a pet is bitten by a bee that plagues from late summer to early fall. I know how your pet reacts, ”Harrison said. “Most dogs cling to live insects, so there is always a risk of getting bitten.” “If a dog is stung by a bee, contact your vet and even if he is stung by a bee,” Harrison said. I added. “A single bite usually causes swelling, pain, hives and can most often be treated with steroids and antihistamines alone.” The question is whether your dog has been stung unless you have witnessed it. It can be hard to tell. Here are some ways to tell if your dog has encountered a bee or other stinging insect. This way you can act as early as possible. Face or mouth Swelling Hives (red, swollen, itchy skin)

Video Above: How To Keep Your Dog Cool In The Summer

In humans, bee sting injuries are simply painful (unless you are allergic), but in dogs, encountering insects can be fatal. The warning comes from Veterinary After having to care for a 7 month old puppy who suddenly collapsed after being stung by a bee in the owner’s yard.

Molly, a chocolate Labrador, had to rush to a vet in Gilesgate, England after she was about to die of anaphylactic shock. She was stabbed several times by a bee in her mouth and found a bee in her mouth. Live Chronicle Report.

Molly had to fill up with oxygen and inject steroids and adrenaline to get him back before suffering generalized hives and an allergic reaction to her ears.

Fortunately, the puppy was able to return home the same day and was ill for a few days, but made a full recovery.

However, Molly’s experience prompted her vet, Adele Harrison, to issue stern warnings to others. Dog owner.. She urges people to see a veterinarian immediately if their pet is bitten by a more common bee from late summer to early fall.

“Bites are very common, but luckily dogs with anaphylactic shock are very rare, but we don’t know how animals react,” Harrison said. “Most dogs cling to live insects, so there is always a risk of getting bitten. “

“If your dog is stung by a bee, contact your vet, as well as if you are stung by a bee,” added Harrison. “A single bite usually causes swelling, pain and hives, and in most cases can be treated with steroids and antihistamines alone.”

The problem is, unless you witness it, it can be difficult to tell if your dog has been stabbed. Here are some ways to tell if your dog has encountered a bee or other stinging insect. This will allow you to act as quickly as possible.

  • Moans
  • Lift your leg (if you get stabbed in the leg)
  • Chew or bite where you were stabbed
  • Drool
  • Stroking face and mouth
  • swelling
  • Hives (red, swollen, itchy skin)


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.