Sitting in Air Conditioner for Extended Hours Can Harm Your Health, 5 Side Effects of Air Conditioner
Dangers of CA: When the temperature reaches 45 degrees, air conditioning becomes more of a necessity than a luxury. But did you know that sitting under AC for long hours can impact your health in so many ways? Although you get a good night’s sleep after a hectic day at work, staying in an air conditioner can harm you and have unpleasant effects on your body.ALSO READ – Weight Loss Guide: Loaded With Good Fats, Peanut Butter Helps You Lose Weight, Best To Eat Right Now | Watch the video
Read on to know the harmful effects of sitting in AC for prolonged hours:
- dry eyes: Staying in AC can make your eyes dry. Dry eye syndrome is becoming more and more common these days thanks to our growing addiction to electronic gadgets. Dry eye syndrome refers to a condition in which our tears do not adequately lubricate the eyes, thus causing dryness. If you already have dry eye syndrome, staying on AC for a long time can make symptoms worse. It is recommended not to stay in AC for a long time.
- Dry skin and frizzy hair: Air conditioners can do a lot of harm to our skin and hair. The removal of moisture from the air makes the skin and hair dry and damaged. Lack of hydration can lead to premature aging, unwanted skin disorders, dull complexion and even skin regeneration. It preserves the skin and hair from natural nourishment. Conditioners make our hair frizzy, increase hair fall, make it dull and also increase split ends and make it prone to damage.
- Dehydration: AC does more harm than good, it can also lead to dehydration. The air conditioning sucks too much humidity into the room, which will eventually dehydrate you.
- Respiratory problems: Staying too long under AC can lead to breathing problems. This can cause nose, throat and eye problems. You may have dry throat, rhinitis, and nasal blockage, depending on NDTV report.
- asthma and allergies: The NDTV report indicates that asthma can worsen conditions in people with asthma or allergies. If your air conditioner isn’t properly cleaned, it can trigger allergies and make asthma worse.
Watch out for these symptoms! Read also – Back pain problem? 5 easy yoga asanas to improve posture | Watch the video
Also Read – Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Include Garlic In Your Diet, Garlic Benefits Explained | Watch the video