Hy-Vee’s January Opportunities
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) – January is a busy month in the health and wellness world, so Hy-Vee has many of services / events to offer to the community!
Healthy You in 2022 Hy-Vee Health Show
In person (yes!) At East Kimberly Road Hy-Vee, Milan Hy-Vee, Bettendorf Hy-Vee, Utica Ridge Hy-Vee, Rock Island Hy-Vee
January 29 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Support your healthy New Year’s resolutions with Hy-Vee! Visit your local Hy-Vee store on January 22 from noon to 2:00 p.m. to try a wide variety of healthy products, receive nourishing samples, and learn about all of the health and wellness services Hy-Vee offers.
Well-being Wednesday lunches:
Every Wednesday in 2022 at noon
Tune in for a free live wellness session during your lunch hour with your Hy-Vee dietitians. Each week, discover hot topics on nutrition and delicious foods and / or recipes to add to your routine. Topics for January include: collagen, cooking lunch, happy hour, and balancing your plate.
Freezer meal preparation workshop:
Join Hy-Vee Registered Dietitians in the comfort of your own home and fill your freezer with healthy, freezable meals. The menu includes Caesar Chicken, Baked Taco Eggs, Root Beer Pulled Pork, Panera Copy Cat Cheddar Broccoli Soup, and Mongolian Beef. Ingredient substitutions available. The registration includes a link to Aisles Online with all the ingredients grouped together so you can easily buy whatever you need.
Cost: $ 10
Little chefs in the Hy-Vee kitchen – Family movie night
Wednesday January 12 at 4:30 p.m.
Light, camera, action! Skip the lines and pack your own snacks for a family movie night! Join our little virtual chefs in the Hy-Vee Kitchen this month to make Hammy Potter cheese poppers and hot cocoa whipped with a pretzel stick! Yum! Register here: https://secure.gethealthie.com/appointments/embed_appt?dietitian_id=609757&require_offering=true&offering_id=52392&org_level=true
Junior chefs in the Hy-Vee kitchen – Family movie night
Thursday January 13 at 4:30 p.m.
Take the remote and snuggle up, Junior Chefs! It’s time for family movie night, and we’ve got the perfect snacks! Join our Virtual Junior Chefs in the Hy-Vee Cooking Class this month to make peanut butter popcorn and Rapunzel pizza braids! Register here: https://secure.gethealthie.com/appointments/embed_appt?dietitian_id=609757&require_offering=true&offering_id=52393&org_level=true
We could also discuss the services we offer on an ongoing basis as many want to improve their nutrition in January J These services are listed below.
· BEGIN virtual class: Join our 10 week nutrition program where you will learn how to put your health first, gain more energy and boost your confidence. Meet with your dietitian for group sessions every Thursday from 8 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. starting January 20. The program consists of 3 individual or individual virtual sessions and 7 group virtual sessions.
Virtual meetings are organized through our safe and secure Healthie platform.
Cost: $ 299.00. $ 100 to add on a spouse. To register go to https://secure.gethealthie.com/appointments/embed_appt?dietitian_id=609754&require_offering=true&offering_id=52834&hide_package_images=false&primary_color=3F3F3F
· Discovery session: Are you looking to improve your personal health or that of your family? By scheduling this free session, you will meet your Hy-Vee registered dietitian and learn about the services offered and the package that is right for you to start your journey to wellness. To register for a free Discovery Session: https://secure.gethealthie.com/appointments/embed_appt?dietitian_id=633933&require_offering=true&offering_id=46342
· Healthy habits. Healthy Habits is a menu program for clients looking for a diet to support a balanced lifestyle with 1: 1 support from your dietitian throughout the process. Your dietitian will discuss your goals and provide you with a 7-day weekly menu that best suits your needs with simple recipes and a handy grocery list. Cost: $ 99. To sign up for Healthy Habits: https://secure.gethealthie.com/appointments/embed_appt?dietitian_id=633933&require_offering=true&offering_id=48085
· Visits to nutrition stores: Your Hy-Vee Registered Dietitian will help you navigate the aisles while visiting the nutrition store. Focus on one of the following topics: general wellness, heart health, diabetes, diet and fitness, plant-based diet, or one of the top 8 food allergies. Visits are virtual or in person, in groups or individually. To schedule a personal store visit: https://secure.gethealthie.com/appointments/embed_appt?dietitian_id=633933&require_offering=true&offering_id=47148 or to connect to a group nutrition tour of your choice https://www.hy-vee.com/stores/dietitian/default.aspx?s=45
· Personalized advice packages. These packages are tailored to your personal health and wellness goals and would be beneficial for the individual who wishes to create a lasting health impact with ongoing support. This package is for our clients who have a new or existing health issue and need help navigating nutrition for long term health. Each package includes a 1-hour nutritional visit with a Hy-Vee registered dietitian, a personalized nutritional visit and follow-ups depending on the package chosen. The prices vary. For more information visit: https://www.hy-vee.com/health/hy-vee-dietitians/default.aspx
· Start 4 families: In this 4-week virtual program, Hy-Vee’s team of registered dietitians will teach families how to create positive, balanced and healthy lifestyles in their homes. Each week will focus on a different health topic where a Hy-Vee dietitian will provide realistic and helpful advice on how to properly fuel the body with food, balance food groups, promote healthy habits and improve the quantity and quality of family meals. . Cost: $ 99. Send an email to [email protected] if you want to register.
· Cholesterol and blood sugar tests: Fast and reliable results in minutes thanks to the Cholestech LDX system. The screening takes 15 minutes and includes a full printout of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, TC / HDL (total cholesterol to HDL ratio) and blood sugar. Blood pressure, height, weight and body mass index are also obtained. Fasting 10 to 12 hours before your appointment is mandatory. We can also come to your company and perform these screenings for your employees. Cost: $ 45.
· Free screenings: The East Kimberly Road Hy-Vee and Milan Hy-Vee will offer free cholesterol tests each year in February and September. They will be offering free hemoglobin A1C tests every April and November. Supplies are very limited so be sure to check https://www.hy-vee.com/health/hy-vee-dietitians/default.aspx one month in advance to have a place!
· Business presentations and private cooking classes: prices vary, contact your local Hy-Vee dietitian for more information.
Copyright 2022 KWQC. All rights reserved.